Tip Murphy Scholarship for Leadership Excellence
Supporting Young Professionals in our Industry
Recognizing that strong leaders drive the future of the produce and floral industry, the Tip Murphy Scholarship for Leadership Excellence supports young professionals in our industry by advancing their careers through the development of leadership skills.
The Tip Murphy Scholarship for Leadership Excellence was created in 2008 to honor the life and career of Tip Murphy, a beloved 15-year veteran of the produce industry. The scholarship covers the cost of airfare up to $700 and registration for one of the PMA or CGT programs & events, including:
- PMA Fresh Summit Convention & Expo
- PMA Foodservice Conference & Expo
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Women’s Fresh Perspectives Conference
Who Should Apply?
Applicant must meet requirements:
- Meet any criteria established for the program or event selected
- Be willing to recruit future applicants for this scholarship opportunity
To be eligible, candidate must:
- Be employed in any segment of the produce and floral supply chain both at the time of the application and at the time of the chosen event
- Have been employed in the produce industry for a minimum of three (3) years
- Demonstrate character, leadership and a desire to make a meaningful contribution to the industry
- Agree to speak at CGT activities about the scholarship and development opportunity
2018 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
2018 Recipient - Four Seasons Produce
Receiving the Tip Murphy Scholarship is a very humbling and exciting honor that will provide me the opportunity to attend Center for Growing Talent Emerging Leaders Program. This experience will help expand my network, hone my problem-solving and leadership skills, and better understand the challenges and opportunities facing the produce industry. The skills and perspectives gained will help my continued growth into an effective contributor and influencer in our dynamic industry. I offer my sincerest gratitude to the friends of Tip Murphy who funded this scholarship, as well as Center for Growing Talent for making this dream a reality.
2018 Recipient - Reiter Affiliated Companies
First and foremost, thank you so very much for selecting me as one of the recipients for the Tip Murphy Scholarship for Leadership Excellence. Words cannot express how appreciative and honored I feel for this amazing opportunity to participate in Center for Growing Talent Women’s Fresh Perspectives Conference and take in all that it will offer. I am looking forward to being around amazing leaders, create networking relationships, and learn from the program’s effective leadership training content. Additionally, I look forward to applying my learnings in my role to more effectively lead while continuing to add positive impact to my organization, our employees and to expand my ability to contribute more strategically to broader agricultural issues that affect our industry.
PAST Scholarship Recipients
Nicholas and Company
J. Tyson Davies
Organically Grown Company
Lauren Del Rosario
Frank Donio, Inc.
R.S. Hanline Company
R.S. Hanline Company
Indianapolis Fruit Company
Gourmet Trading Company
M. Levin Co., Inc.