Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates on PMA/CGT Events and Food Safety Resources
As an organization that regularly convenes the industry, the health and safety of our members and guests is our top priority. With this in mind, we have made the decision to postpone all PMA and CGT events through May 1, 2020, which includes Women's Fresh Perspectives Conference. If you have an immediate question or concern, please reach out to our Member Services team at MemberServices@pma.com. We are here to support you.
Premier Leadership Development Opportunity for Women
Learning tailored to your role in our industry. Valuable connections that last a lifetime. Inspiration from other powerful women. An intimate setting that enables open, honest conversation. No wonder women who attend call it “career changing.”
This two-day program gathers women from across the supply chain and all job descriptions. Join us at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio, Texas, for problem solving, learning and dialogue. With expert speakers and peer discussion, we’ll address the professional and personal issues that women in our industry face every day. You’ll build the confidence to say to any challenge, “I Will!”
WFPC is designed exclusively by women for women. Attendees will draw upon the unique strengths and preferences they bring to the table. They will benefit from more effective leadership training that is informed by, shaped by and focused on women’s perspectives—training developed through a “gender lens.”
Why does the gender lens matter?
Research shows that placing more women in leadership positions measurably fuels a company’s success. This conference helps businesses leverage this competitive advantage by building and strengthening core leadership skills that are important for all leaders, while addressing broader issues that uniquely affect women.
WFPC prepares you to return to your organization as a more fully engaged and empowered professional. You’ll learn how to:
- Achieve business results through enhanced strategic skills
- Utilize meaningful business relationships to strengthen your personal and professional performance
- Strengthen your leadership style to motivate, inspire and lead high-performing teams
- Hone your negotiation and communication skills to achieve effective outcomes
- Gain actionable tools to elevate your personal brand and drive value for your organization
What makes WFPC different from other women’s conferences?
- Our competency-based program—This conference was developed from research conducted with influential leaders, supervisors and potential participants within the fresh produce and floral industry
- We were the first—This was the first conference offered to the fresh produce and floral industry that covers the entire supply chain and is offered to women along the entire career continuum
- Our professional partners—The curriculum is developed in partnership with business organizations, bringing real-world content to our sessions
Join us as we continue to serve the enrichment of female professionals across the fresh produce and floral supply chain, both at work and beyond.
This is a great opportunity for personal development and networking with ladies in the industry. Both years I have attended I’ve been impressed with the quality of the workshops and have come away with things that were valuable to both my personal performance and my company’s performance.
Having opportunities to network with women in all levels of the industry – entry level to executive – is unparalleled compared to other industry events. I think it’s one of the best, if not the best, program I have attended thus far in my tenure in the produce world.
It’s a great way to learn valuable development tools AND meet a group of great, successful women in our industry.
Extremely inspiring event with wonderful networking, positive reinforcement and great learning opportunities. It’s a great way to 'recharge your batteries'!”